Toy Name: PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal
Another challenging dog toy which allows your pet to get at treats or kibble while playing. The PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal will keep your dog stimulated with this puzzle type of toy. While eating his meal or treats, he will also have fun and exercise doing it and more lasting playing time. The toy dispenses treats or kibble while your dog plays with it giving him a reward for his effort.
The Tug-A-Jug can be used to feed your dog his entire meal. This is especially helpful for dogs that “inhale” their meals, and immediately start asking for more. Fill the Tug-A-Jug with your dog’s kibble, and make him work for his dinner!
This toy comes in the following sizes so you can determine which is best for your dog.
- X-Small (2.2 x 2.2 x 8 inches – for dogs under 25 lbs.)
- Small (3 x 3 x 9 inches – for dogs between 25-40 lbs.)
- Medium/Large (4 x 4 x 9.5 inches – for dogs above 40 lbs.)
SPECIAL NOTE: Some dogs may chew through the rope during play. However, this doesn’t mean that the toy is unusable. You and your dog can continue to enjoy the Tug-A-Jug by placing various sized balls inside the jug with kibble or treats. As the balls roll back and forth, they interfere with the dispensing of kibble. By changing the size of the balls or the treats, the level of difficulty can be adjusted to suit your dog’s level of play and interest. We recommend using a couple of golf balls or a Wiffle ball to begin with to build your dog’s confidence as he plays. Once he understands the new rules of the game, you can increase the number and/or diameter of the balls.
Below are some of the features of this product.
- Interactive dog toy provides multi-sensory appeal to keep your pet engaged
- Durable non-toxic material withstands prolonged play
- Textured rubber wrap cleans teeth
- For dogs over 40 pounds
- Treats sold separately
- New packaging, same great product
- Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 9.5 inches (Medium/Large Toy)
- Weight: 1.1 lbs.
- Machine washable (top rack)
Note: The price for this product is subject to change without notice.
Toy: Treat or Kibble Dispensing Toy
Product Rating: 3.5
Category: Puzzle Toys, Interactive Toys, Chew Toys
For Dog Size: Over 40 lbs. (medium/large toy)
Reviews: Read the Customer Reviews!
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about this product.
- How do we clean the rope inside the bottle? Answer: Yes. Best option is to untie one of the knots, take it out and wash it.
- What kind of food or treats can you put into the extra small tug-a-jug? Answer: I put my dog’s dog food in the jug. It is small enough to come out of the opening at the neck of the jug. I suppose you can use any food or treats that are small enough to fit through the neck.
- Where is the toy made? Answer: In China.
- Has anyone tried using this toy with an aggressive chewer? Answer: It’s large and the only part that could be chewed on is the round rubber top. This toy isn’t about chewing. It’s about pulling on the rope, which lets the treats (I use Cheerios) come out a few at a time. Rolling the bottle on its side does it too. Once they “get it” that moving the jar gets them treats, I think they’ll forget about chewing it. Even so, I think this can handle. My two dogs lovelovelove this toy. It’s their favorite. True story! See the Special Note in the description above for an additional solution.
- Is this toy easy to fill? Answer: Yes. Just twist the bottom and fill the toy with treats or kibble.
- How do I get my dog to understand how it works? Answer: I pulled the rope out to get food out in front of our puppy – after two tries he figured out how to do that on his own.
- Does this toy come with a rope? Answer: Yes!
Shop PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal Toy
To shop for product, click on the image below and you will be taken to the Amazon ordering page. Once there, you can choose from all three size toys.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualified purchases.
PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal Toy
Go back to Dog.Dog Luxury Beds home page.
PetSafe Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug Meal$14.49
An Interactive Toy For Dog & Owner9.0/10
Textured Rubber Wrap Cleans Teeth9.0/10
Toy Helps Keep Dog Engaged9.5/10
Keeps Pet Challenged9.0/10
- Durable non-toxic material withstands prolonged play.
- Textured rubber wrap cleans teeth.
- Interactive dog toy provides multi-sensory appeal to keep your pet engaged.
- Challenges your pet to get the treats out of the bottle.
- Great for playing games of fetch.
- Made in China or Taiwan.
- For dogs above 40 lbs.