One of the biggest health chore that a dog owner must do is to brush their dog’s teeth on a regular basis. This must be done in order to help control the build-up of tartar and plaque on the dog’s teeth. The Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste Dog Poultry Flavor may just be the right one for you and your dog. By performing regular brushings of the teeth and gums will help extend the overall health of your pet.
It has a poultry flavor that dogs just love to aide in their teeth brushing treatment. It also helps control the build-up of plaque, tartar and bad breath. You just have to try to believe it.
It is highly recommended that you train your dog to accept teeth brushing early in life especially as a puppy. As they grow into adult dogs, they would accept teeth brushing as a normal activity without any problems.
The toothpaste has a non-foaming action formula that works hard but does require any rising. So, your dog can swallow without causing any harm.
Below are the specifications for this product.
- Toothpaste especially for dogs
- Helps control tartar and plaque
- Fights bad breath
- Poultry flavored
- Net Weight: 6.2 ounces
- Manufacture: Petrodex
- Model Number: 484023
- ASIN Number: B00025K0R6
- List Price: $8.09
Note: The price for this product is subject to change without notice.
- Product Ingredients: Sorbitol, dicalcium, phosphate, water, hydrated silica, glycerin, poultry digest, dextrose, xanthan gum, acified calcium sulfate, disodium phosphate duohydrate, potassium sorbate, citric acid, sodium benzoate, aspergillus niger fermentation extract
Ingredients are listed in order as they appear on the product label.
This product was reviewed by over 2,180 customers which gave this product an average rating of 4.5 out of 5, which is excellent. You can read all of the customer reviews by clicking on the link.
This happens to be a number one selling product on Amazon in the Pet Supplies Toothpaste category.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about this product.
- Is this product made in the U.S.A.? Answer: Yes.
- Is this toothpaste the kind that foams and cleans this way? Answer: No, it is not foaming.
- What is the expiration date? Answer: About 2 years from the manufacture date on the product.
- Will this help remove tartar build-up? Answer: Yes, it will gradually. You must use it regularly.
- Is there dextrose (sugar) in this product? Answer: Yes.
- How often should I use this product? Answer: Once a day.
- Is this toothpaste gluten, corn, and soy free? Answer: Yes.
- Does this product contain glucose oxidase and lactoperoxidase like cet does? Answer: No.
- Is this product safe for dogs to swallow? Answer: Yes.
- Can I use this toothpaste for my cats? Answer: No. It’s formulated only for dogs.
- How long does one tube last if you brush your dog’s teeth once a week? Answer: That depends upon the amount of toothpaste used on the toothbrush. If only once a week, maybe a year. However, you should brush your pet’s teeth daily for best results.
- Is this toothpaste approved by the FDA for animals deeming it save? Answer: From what I do know, my veterinarian recommended this product for my dogs and they like it.
- Is this a paste or a gel? Answer: Paste.
- Is there a big improvement in results using brushes over the ones that at the ends of fingers? Answer: I have used a rubber bristle finger brush, a plastic over finger brush with nylon bristles, a “Dog” toothbrush, and a child size human soft bristle toothbrush. I find the child’s toothbrush the most effective. It has a smaller head, and get to the back teeth, on the outside and inside, better than the finger brush. If you would rather use a finger brush, I would say the most important thing is consistency of doing it, as much as which brush is used. My vet told me years ago that brushing stained teeth won’t clean them; have them cleaned professionally first, then do the home brushing. She also said that brushing any gums does a lot of good because bacteria from gum disease spreads to other organs and shortens a dog or cat’s lifespan.
Shop Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste Dog Poultry Flavor
You can shop for this product by clicking on the link or button below. You will be taken to the Amazon product ordering page to place the order.
Go back to Dog.Dog Luxury Beds home page.
Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste Dog Poultry Flavor$8.09
Helps Fight Bad Breath9.5/10
Helps Control Plaque9.5/10
Helps Reduce Tartar9.5/10
Formulated Specifically For Pets9.0/10
- Cleans your dog's teeth.
- Helps fight bad breath.
- Helps control plaque and tartar buildup.
- It's formulated especially for dogs.
- Made In USA.
- 6.2 oz. tube.